Yves has more than 20 years of experience in sales development including for software and industrial companies. He is committed to delight the clients and welcome any feedback to help reach this goal. email@example.com
There are many key differences between the SmartClass digital platform to teach languages and the Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Google Classroom tools that are in vogue for teachers now. Here are the main ones and why you should pair the use of SmartClass with any of those:
1. SmartClass has been designed for teaching languages..
This is different than the other three platforms that can be characterized as General Purpose Video Conferencing Tools (GPVCT). These are general meeting platforms and language teachers are back to their teaching challenges (see item #6), only exacerbated by the real-time digital constraints.
2. SmartClass can be used in a synchronous and asynchronous language teaching environmentAsynchronous is critically important as students at home often share electronic device(s) with the rest of the family. This also allows to extend the time spent on practicing the foreign language.
3. SmartClass can be used remotely and in-classThe short amount of time invested in mastering the platform will not be lost, when things return to normal.
4. SmartClass offers features to practice all language domains in one single platformNo need to juggle with many tools and apps to offer your students a well-planned, comprehensive, and engaging language lesson.
5. SmartClass offers 19 ready-made templates to help teachers quickly prepare interactive activities
Activities foster writing, comprehension, listening, reading, pronunciation, and speaking skills. Any (fun) activity can be prepared from scratch in 5 minutes.
6. SmartClass helps you overcome the number one challenge when teaching or learning a language: speaking practice time!
The use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) engines, integrated into the platform, is a clever way to have students practice speaking often. Moreover, they can listen to themselves and reflect on their own pronunciation, something impossible to do with GPVCT, or even in class.
7. SmartClass offers content (curriculum) for ENGLISH, GERMAN, and SPANISH teaching
This content was pedagogically designed by language teachers for language teachers and is aligned with the international standards of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
8. The optional content (English, German, and Spanish curriculum) offers hours of activities
More than 50% of activities are auto-graded, a valuable time-saver for teachers.
A1 to B2 in English. A1 and more in Spanish and German.
Another advantage of auto-corrected activities is that students get instant feedback on their score when they complete the exercises.
9. Bottom line, SmartClass is specifically developed for language teachers.
It helps overcome the key challenges facing teachers:
- get students to practice speaking;
- engage the students in their language learning process;
- save time creating and reviewing activities.
10. SmartClass can also be used for LIVE interaction between students (with the LIVE option and in the class).
Conclusion: totally different BUT complementary
One important benefit of SmartClass is that it can be used with any of the conferencing tools listed above. You do not have to choose between SmartClass and those. You can use both as the conferencing tools are very limited in what they provide language teachers and students, beside a common meeting time. SmartClass is the ideal complement to any language teacher facing typical teaching challenges that does not find a solution in Zoom, Teams, or Google Classroom.